This is a lovely Kannada TV serial by Vaishali Kasarvalli and team. Interesting story line and very nice casting.
The story is about a lower middle class family which has four sisters, the father is caught in a debt trap by a rich man. All four sisters are very gifted. First one is teaching in a school, the second loves her father and is working for the rich man silently putting up with all his nuisance, the third one is college going student and the last one is a deaf and dumb but a brilliant painter.
The four daughters are named along with Four ragas of Carnatic Music ( no wonder a sangeetha master would do that). Vaman Rao Joshi(played by KSL Swamy) works in a private company who is the father of these four daughters.
1. Kalavathi – Played by Lakshmi Hegde
2. Madhuvanthi – Ananya Kasaravalli
3. Poorvi – Mahalakshmi
4. Savani – Roopa
There are other characters in the serial which are worth a mention here.
1. Mama of the four sisters – A lucky guy with lot of innocence with everything he does, denotes the values a human should posses. This person was there in Vyshali’s previous serial Moodalamane (the one who marries a widow shantha in MM).
2. Ajji of the family – This was done by the moodala mane ajji till few episodes and now comes some other lady who does it equally good. Even here she doesn’t do that “Madi Ajji” kind of role instead becomes a role model to the rest of the elders(An assertive and thoughtful person) … The leadership quality in her is the esteem.
3. Mother of all the girls (Anasuya)- Enacted by Girija lokesh, I think Vyashali has done a wonderful job thinking of having this character picturised the way it is. The whole family is balanced by this character, Many of the ladies in such middle class families do balance out the financial, and emotional needs of the family. Such a whole hearted lady she is and helpless too. I specially like the way she convinces poorvi. Also the point to be noted is the swaabhimaana she has got (doesn’t take free help anytime).
4. Rahul the boss – Such a lovely role that any girl will fall in love with, looks like all the girls in the family is compiting with each other to do that :-). Guess Madhuvanthi is the lucky girl. The conversation between Madhu and Rahul (during one of the their meets when he convinces her to take up some correspondance course) was such a motivation to anybody.
Rahul has a sister who is mentally disturbed, Looks like she is separated from her husband and her 20 year old daughter..
5. Deepak – The Music Lover (Businessman by profession) who is now bringing up the
album for kalavathi. Depicts the responsible businessman yet a gentleman!! and the brother of this guy denotes more or less some part of the youth of this era…
The story line is really good and the dialogues too, Vyshali and his team is doing good work and I wish them good luck….
Noted Novelist Smt. Videhi has penned the title song which is beautifully sung by Smt. Sangeeta Katti. Apoorva kasaravalli takes a part of his mother vyshali’s role by sharing the direction.